Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What is the best make-up to cover fine lines and small-medium pores?

I have some line lies on my chin area but I have small - medium sized pores all over my face. What is the best makeup that will cover these, BUT not make me look like I have makeup caked on. I use Bare Minerals right now, it doesn%26#039;t give me that smooth looking skin. I think a primer would help, that fills in the pores right??


What do I use and where do I get it???|||I am a BE user buty have the pore issue as well. There are 2 things that I added to make a difference. 1. I started using the Philosophy Makeup Optional skin routine. See link below and 2. Smashbox Cosmetics makes a primer that also has spf in it and it is great stuff. Let it set for a few minutes before you apply foundation. See link for that as well. Good Luck!|||I%26#039;d use a tinted moisturizer - it adds color and hides imperfections yet covers while adding moisture.


Then top it off with a mineral powder foundation.





Cosmetics are individual but I love Arbonne products they last all day, a little goes a L O N G way (bang for the buck)


and they are all natural and pure.|||Look into Origins foundations. They are excellent for any kind of skin that you%26#039;ve got and any look that you want to achieve-|||I like Maybelline鈥檚 Dream Matte Mousse. I have large pores along my nose and upper cheeks, and I find that the whipped texture of this foundation works best to cover them. Liquid foundations settle into them, while powders just seem to miss them altogether. I tried Bare Minerals recently and found that it actually highlighted my pores!





The only problem with the mousse is that you have to use it up fairly fast. After 3-4 months the stuff starts drying out a little in the container - it loses its nice whipped texture and starts feeling more spongy, and doesn鈥檛 glide on as nicely. At least it鈥檚 fairly inexpensive (compared to specialty or department store brands, anyway), so even if you have to throw some away every few months, it鈥檚 not so bad.|||I have the same problem so I use Stila Oil Free Foundation and apply it with a makeup brush. If you have a local Sephora go there and they can let you try it on. It%26#039;s wonderful because it gives a lot of coverage without looking caked on. Spackle is a good product for filling in places that need it. As for Bare Minerals as much as I love those products they are more for people WITHOUT problem areas on their face. To me it%26#039;s more of a beauty enhancing product as opposed to being a full coverage product.

No comments:

Post a Comment